What is "Uniflex"
What does "HL" mean?
What is "Draw Bias"?
What flex should my shaft be?
What is "Kick Point"?
What does the term "CC" mean?
What is "Bounce"
What irons are best for me?
What is "Lie Angle"?
Can I customize my order?
How do I Trade In my clubs?
Do you ship Internationally?
Why Buy CGPO
Callaway Golf Pre-Owned FAQs
Golfers are passionate about their game, and we encourage our customers to ask questions that help them learn more about their equipment and our Callaway technology. We receive a variety of questions about Callaway products and services; below are some frequently asked questions we receive.
If you don't find what you're looking for here, please call us at 1-800-826-6174.
The Callaway uniflex steel shaft is somewhere between a regular and a stiff flex. It's a great shaft for a very broad spectrum of golfers. Obviously having shafts dialed in for you is a bonus, but these are very reasonable if you don't need anything too stiff or too soft. Uniflex shafts will produce a higher launch for increased accuracy on mis-hit's. All around great shaft for many different swings.
HL is an abbreviation for "High Launch". Clubs designated with HL have a lower center of gravity to assist in launching the ball on a high trajectory.
Draw bias is referring to heel weighting on or in the club that will assist in closing the face upon impact. Draw bias is generally preferred by players who may be battling a slice
- Draw Bias – Assists in repairing a fade or slice
- Neutral Bias – Weighting concentrated in or on center of club.
- Fade Bias – Weighting on or in toe of the club to assist in repairing a draw or hook.
Shaft flex is determined by one single factor . . . swing speed.
|Senior or "A" Flex||70-90 mph|
|Regular Flex||80-90 mph|
|Stiff Flex||90-100 mph|
|X-Stiff Flex||100+ mph|
When you swing your club, the shaft bends or "loads" to store power. It then straightens or "unloads" to release that power and help create club head speed. The flex point, also called the kick point, is the spot on the shaft where most of that bending takes place. The kick point is important because it helps determine the ball's trajectory after you hit it.
- Your shaft can have a high, medium or low kick point.
- Low Kick Point = Higher Trajectory
- Mid Kick Point = Medium Trajectory
- High Kick Point = Low Trajectory
CC stands for 'Condition of Competition' which means that the grooves conform to USGA guidelines
Bounce is built into the sole of a wedge to keep it from digging into the turf or sand. The greater the bounce, the more the sole resists digging. Bounce helps prevent "fat" shots by keeping the club moving through the turf or sand. Having enough bounce is particularly important on sand shots. Too much bounce can make shots from firm conditions more difficult to execute.
That is the million dollar question. As each golfer has different needs and abilities, determining the right set can be a daunting task. This question is best answered by speaking to one of our Golf Professionals and providing them with your information and discussing where you want to take your game. As a rule of thumb though, the chart below may assist.
|Super Game Improvement (High Handicap, Beginners)||Big Bertha Series|
|Game Improvement (Mid Handicap)||X-Series (X20, X22, etc.)|
|Performance (Low, single digit Handicap)||Tour and Forged Models|
Lie angle is the angle between the center of the shaft and the sole of the club. Upright means the toe of the club will be higher than standard and flat means the toe of the club will be lower than standard.
- We are able to adjust the lie angle on most of our irons. Please contact one of our Golf Professionals to see if your selection may be altered.
|Blue 3up||White 2up||Green 1up||None Std.||Gold 1 Flat||Red 2 Flat||Yellow 3 Flat|
Not every golfer has "standard" specifications, and having the right club in your hand is crucial for that "pure" contact that every golfer seeks. Taking advantage of our customization program can help you achieve your optimum results. Allow one of our Golf Professionals to assist you in processing your custom order. Please call 1-800-826-6174 to begin your customization
- Length / Lie Angle Fitting Chart
- Altering Club Length
- Adjusting Lie Angle
- Installing Custom Grips
- Adding Additional Wraps
Callaway Golf's Trade In! Trade Up! Program is the easiest way to upgrade your existing Callaway Golf or other brand equipment. Find out how much your current clubs are worth. Learn More
We ship to over 150 countries worldwide
- Every Certified Pre-Owned club you buy is backed by Callaway Golf, which means you can shop with the confidence that you're getting the best possible quality. For example, we guarantee that the condition of the club you get will match what was represented online. If you disagree, no problem. Send it back for a 100% refund of the purchase price. Learn More
Buy It, Then Try It!
- See something you like but not sure it's the club for you? We offer the ability to purchase any club today, and then try it in real-world conditions for up to 90 days. If you don't like it for any reason, we'll buy it back from you for a preset value. Learn More
Trade In! Trade Up!
- Callaway Golf's exclusive Trade In! Trade Up! Program can lower your total cost to upgrade in three simple steps. It's the easiest way to upgrade your existing Callaway Golf or other brand equipment. Find out how much your current clubs are worth Learn More
10-Point Inspection Process
- It's how we ensure that every Certified Pre-Owned club meets our exacting standards. Everything else is just "used." Learn More
Superior Customer Service
- We're always available to answer questions or help you track your order. Call us today at 1-800-826-6174 or e-mail us to speak with a trained Callaway Golf expert.
- When you buy Certified Pre-Owned, you're not just getting a great price, you're getting the highest quality and best value for your money.
- Customizing your clubs is easier than ever! Now you have the power to change nearly any specification to meet your exact needs. Just click "Customize" before you add to Cart.
- Only Certified Pre-Owned clubs come with the same 1-year limited warranty against defects you get with any new Callaway Golf club purchase.
- The promise of a great Certified Pre-Owned club doesn't stop when you hit the course. Just like any new Callaway Golf product, a Certified Pre-Owned club comes with a warranty against defects. That means if something happens to your club that is directly related to an original manufacturing defect, we'll fix or replace it. No questions asked
Flat Rate Shipping
- No matter how many items you purchase, we'll ship your order anywhere in the contiguous US for only $9.95.
- Flat Rate Shipping removes the guesswork. We've streamlined the ordering process to provide a simple, up-front purchasing experience. No matter how many items you order, ship everything within the contiguous 48 United States for the flat rate of $9.95 per order. It's that simple. Plus, all purchases are sales tax free when shipped outside the states of Texas and California.
Pre-Paid Return Shipping Labels
- We offer a flat rate $9.99 UPS domestic ground return shipping label to make sending your trades or returns back to us as easy as possible. Be sure and ask your sales or customer service professional about adding this to your trade in.
Certificate of Authenticity
- Callaway Golf's unwavering commitment to innovation and the creation of new golf technologies is well-established. Because of the company's success in producing easy to use, forgiving golf clubs for every player, there are many imitations. But you can shop confidently with Callaway Golf Pre-Owned & Outlet, knowing that Callaway Golf puts its stamp of approval only on Certified Pre-Owned products. To demonstrate that trust, every Certified Pre-Owned club you buy will come with a Certificate of Authenticity from Callaway Golf.
- Head covers will be included with every driver, fairway wood or hybrid purchase. All Callaway Golf woods are shipped with our exclusive, "Barrel", head covers (a $14.99 value). These new, multi-purpose headcovers are designed to match any Callaway Golf club and are only available with Certified Pre-Owned Callaway Golf clubs.